Many people avoid silk as it is known to be a difficult fabric to take care of. But that actually isn't the case. Silk and other delicate items that include lace can be easily washed at home in the machine on a gentle cycle or by hand using a delicates wash and don't need to be sent to the dry cleaners.
How to Wash in the Machine:
1. Turn your garment inside out and place into a delicates wash bag.
2. Add a delicate washing detergent, we like to use Ms BROWN Delicate Wash (this delicates wash is extremely gentle on delicate garments and has an amazing scent!)
3. Set the temperature on the machine to cold and set to a gentle cycle/ hand wash cycle.
4. Once the cycle has finished lie the garment flat on a towel to dry or on a rack. Do not wring as this will damage the garment and will stretch is out of shape.
How to Hand Wash:
1. Fill your sink or bucket with cold water, add a small amount of delicate washing detergent and aggravate the detergent in the water.
2. Fully immerse your garment in the water, gently swirl it around and dip in and out of the water. Keep repeating depending how soiled your garment is.
3. Remove all the water from the sink/bucket and re-fill with cold water and once again swirl your garment around in the water to remove excess detergent.
4. Gently press the garment to remove excess water, but do not wring as this will damage it. You might not get all the water out, but get as much as you can out.
5. Lie the garment flat on a clean towel to dry or on a rack. Gently pull your garment into shape so it dries nicely.